As a Participating Artist, you are expected to:
- Open your studio for at least 2 of the 5 days, from 11am to 5pm (Please note that you should not open later or close earlier than this)
- Present work which is your own, which should be original work not a copy, and a reasonable proportion of which should be new work i.e. made in the last 12 months
- Focus on showing your working/making methods and techniques (exhibiting and selling your work must be in this context) and be prepared to discuss these
- Collect your portion of the publicity materials (e.g. brochures, posters), distribute brochures/leaflets in advance to publicise the event.
- Use posters on the day to make the location of your studio visible (Please note that posters should not be attached to lampposts as this is against Sheffield City Council regulations)
- All participating artists to be present in your venue for the entire time it is open (you may find it beneficial to have someone with you to help, but that person should not replace you)
- Present your studio in a way that is welcoming, accessible and safe for visitors
- Consider and facilitate access for disabled visitors as far as possible
- Inform us immediately of any change in circumstances (or inform us as soon as possible of any emergencies) which may affect your ability to participate
- You must provide your own Public Liability Insurance (Please note that Open Up Sheffield does NOT provide insurance to cover your studio)
- Complete and return the feedback forms – download links below:
Download Open Up ARTIST Feedback form (Word document)
Download Open Up ARTIST Feedback form (PDF)
Download Open Up VISITOR Feedback form (Word document)
Download Open Up VISITOR Feedback form (PDF)
By participating in Open Up Sheffield, you give permission for the images and information you supply to be used on the website, in the brochure, and for promotional purposes.
Participating Artists who fail to abide by the Terms and Conditions may be excluded from future Open Up Sheffield events.